Setting up a Self-Managed Super Fund (SMSF) isn’t always suited to everyone. If you want greater control over your retirement savings, more flexibility than you would with your traditional super fund then a SMSF may be of interest to you.
Some of the benefits of running a SMSF include:
- Generally larger and less restricted investment menu and opportunities such as shares, fixed interest and property (direct and via managed fund), commodities, derivatives and possibly artwork.
- Complete visibility of your investment portfolio.
- Small business owners can hold their business premises within their SMSF.
- Capacity to pool your super with up to three other individuals which may allow you to access investment opportunities that may not be available otherwise.
- Effective tax management between super and pension phases as well as managing capital gains tax liabilities.
Speak to us today and we can help you put together your plan to help you achieve this and many of your other goals.